Monday, July 9, 2012

My Weekend at Nereyda's House

Since I didn't have plans this weekend, I was invited to spend the Saturday night at Nereyda's house.  She lives in the same neighborhood serviced by the bibliomovil.  Her house is located in a more rural barrio.  I had a great time.  Nereyda and her partner, Rico, have two small children, Michael who is 4 years old and Minor who is 2. They also have a tiny puppy just a few weeks old.



I had a great time playing games with Michael, he has a tremendous imagination and is very perceptive.  I got to experience my first beer in Nicaragua and when I opened it during dinner, Michael asked "are you going to get drunk?"  I couldn't stop laughing.  Minor is a sweetheart and smiles all the time.  I can't wait to see them again Wednesday when we visit on the bibliomovil.


The puppy, Mimi, was one of the cutest I have ever seen.  It is not proper in Matagalpa to keep an animal in the house, so she spent most of her time outside.  But all night she cried so we finally had to let her in the house.  She is a bit of a handful but a great companion for Michael and Minor.

On Sunday returned by bus to La Chispa.  The rain was something fierce.  It rained all day and all night.  In my house, we had to move the bed and my suitcases because the rain bore hole in the zinc roof.  I spent the evening chatting with my host mom, Fatima.  I really love living with her and Gema.  I call it the "house of never-ending laughter."  Everyone is always laughing and the really full of life.










1 comment:

  1. puppy! Books! Kids! Beer! Sounds really really wonderful.

    ReplyDelete