Monday, July 23, 2012

Photo Class Exhibition


         Friday was my last day of photography class at Biblioteca La Chispa.  My students were a bit sad I think, but the class culminated in a great exhibition of their work over the past three weeks.  All morning was spent decorating the library with balloons, crepe paper and of course, student photographs, poetry and artwork.  I had the many of the photographs professionally printed at a photoshop in town- and they looked beautiful.
By 3:00pm, the library was filled with students, parents and community members.  I had put together a slide show of some of the photos that I wasn’t able to print, in addition to photos I took of the students hard at work.  The show turned out to be a big hit as we projected the pics onto the wall for everyone to see.  The kids really enjoyed seeing themselves at work, experimenting with camera angles or decorating their poetry.  The event ended in a huge dance party involving students and staff.  It was a ton of fun.  Lastly, Becca and I made pizza for all of the library staff as a thank you for all of their love and support these past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment